Monday, March 4, 2013

Procrastination Article Response


Procrastination. A phase we all go through. I, for one, can relate to this article. In fact, I do it all the time. However, on the contrary to what the article said, I think procrastination should not necessarily be viewed as a negative thing. I believe that procrastination is sometimes inevitable. For example, there are things called priorities. If you have an uncountable things to do in one day, then it's necessary to choose what you're going to do and leave the rest later for when you have time. As a student, I know this is inevitable especially when a semester ends and teachers tend to cram all their assignments in the final week. I only have two regular classes and the rest are mostly AP classes. The amount of homework given in each class is ridiculous. During that final week, I have to choose which assignments I can do because I can't do all of them. In such cases, I have to make priorities. I have to leave my small assignments for later and concentrate on the important ones. One of the arguments the article made was that when you do everything in the last minute, the product of your work would nowhere be as good as if you did it with time. Although this is true, if you do it beforehand along with the other assignments you have to finish, the result would probably be the same. Thus, in response to this article, I would say that procrastination is inevitable. In a society where we live in, there is simply the excuse that there's just not enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment